FM Arun Jaitley opts out of Cabinet citing health problems

Just a day before the swearing-in ceremony of the new government, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Wednesday wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying he does not want to be a minister in his new government citing health problem.

He  posted on Twitter the letter he wrote to Modi requesting recusal from being a part of the new government on health grounds.

'I am writing to you to formally request you that I should be allowed a reasonable time for myself, my treatment and my health and therefore, not be a part of any responsibility, for the present, in the new government'.

Jaitley was admitted to AIIMS last week to undergo tests and treatment and was discharged on Thursday - the day results of Lok Sabha elections were announced..... He unfortunately could not attend celebrations at BJP headquarters that evening after the party's historic win

Jaitley's letter to PM

In the letter, Jaitley said during the last 18 months, he has had "some serious" health challenges.

"My doctors have enabled me to emerge out of most of them. After the campaign had concluded and you were leaving for Kedarnath, I had orally informed you that even though I was able to discharge the responsibilities assigned to me during the campaign, I would in future, for sometime, like to keep away from any responsibility. This will enable me to concentrate on my treatment and health.

Jaitley was the leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha from 2009 to 2014.While as a finance minister he steered through Parliament major economic legislations such as GST-- which had languished for nearly two decades.

He has also played key role in getting through several other laws such as the bill to ban the Muslim instant divorce practice known as 'triple talaq' and also articulately defended the Rafale fighter jet deal.

In 2014, he was made the finance minister and also handled the additional charge of defence and information and broadcasting ministries.
 



from DDNews Feeds http://bit.ly/2KcTBAi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission LX MkII or Wharfedale Diamond 12 ?

Arcam FMJ AV9 Preamp Processor